Contrary to popular belief, making a great first impression does not start with a smile and warm welcome when a visitor walks through the door. It begins with the first thing they see—the outside of your property. A well-maintained exterior demonstrates pride in your operation. When a customer sees that you made the effort to care for your commercial property, they’ll conclude that you will do as good of a job handling their business. By including commercial property pressure washing in your building’s maintenance program, you’ll ensure that your facility’s appearance communicates the right message.
Pressure Washing Benefits for Commercial Properties
- Boost your curb appeal: Even if you don’t intend to sell your property, keeping the exterior in top shape will make it look newer and more appealing. Each time you pressure wash the property, you give it an instant facelift.
- Moss, mold, algae and mildew removal: Damp, shady areas of a building are the perfect environment for moss, algae, mold and mildew. Pressure washing removes the unsightly growths and helps prevent the damage they cause.
- Make the environment safer: Oil, moss, mold, mud, bacteria and other contaminants increase the risk of falls throughout your commercial property. Furthermore, employees and customers might track them inside the building, making it appear dirty and reducing the quality of indoor air. When you keep the exterior of your commercial property clean, you reduce the number of potentially toxic safety threats that enter it.
- Prevent repairs: Bird droppings, mildew, moss, algae, exhaust residue, gum and dirt not only look unattractive, they could also lead to corrosion, rot, or decay. Commercial pressure washing reduces these risks and helps save on future maintenance and repair costs.
- Remove graffiti: You don’t have to use toxic paint thinners to clean spray paint. In the right hands, a pressure washer is just as effective and safer.
- Improve employee morale: Employees want to take pride in their place of work. When a building looks clean and well maintained, productivity and customer service improve. When you hire a commercial property pressure washing contractor to do the job, your workers can focus on what they do best.
How Often to Perform Commercial Pressure Washing
The frequency in which you should pressure wash your property depends on your operation. If the property primarily has office buildings, washing it seasonally, or once a quarter, is a great way to keep it looking attractive. Facilities that receive more foot or vehicle traffic, or those in which sanitation is vital (i.e., health care offices, restaurants and farms), might need more frequent washings. The same is also true for properties near construction sites that generate a lot of dust, as well as those that generate dust of their own, such as factories. A pressure washing specialist can recommend how often you should clean your property based on your operations and needs.
How to Stay Environmentally Friendly While Pressure Washing
Many municipalities throughout Canada have laws that prohibit allowing wastewater from pressure washing to enter storm drains because of the negative impacts to drinking water and local watersheds. To avoid receiving fines, you must collect wastewater and dispose of it properly. Rather than spend money on the equipment necessary to collect wastewater, save it by hiring Scotts. Our trained, certified technicians use high-quality, environmentally friendly detergent that degrease and clean surfaces as well as their traditional counterparts do. They also take extra measures to protect landscaping vegetation and use special equipment to capture wastewater, which the specialists dispose of properly, clean or take to a treatment facility.
From factories to multifamily properties to office buildings, Scotts provides commercial pressure washing services when it’s most convenient for your workers and customers. Contact us today for a free consultation and learn more about our discount program.