More than 90 percent of food and consumer products in the country are shipped by truck, making transportation vital to the economy. Due to the growing global economy, the demand for transportation services in Canada will significantly grow through 2020. As a fleet owner or manager, looking for ways to cut costs is vital your operations. While spending money on a service that your drivers could do might seem counterproductive, mobile fleet washing services can have a positive impact in ways you might not have expected.
How a Mobile Fleet Washing Company Boosts Your Bottom Line
- Improve driver retention: The average age of Canadian truck drivers is over 47. Nearly 30 percent are 55 and older. As the demand for transportation services continues to rise, there is a significant driver shortage. In the business world, it’s less expensive retain workers than hire new ones, particularly considering the cost to place ads, run background screens, and provide training. Because drivers have
- Reduce overhead costs: Consider the true cost of having a driver wash a fleet vehicle. Basic expenses include training, equipment, maintenance, replacement parts, detergents, and time. When you enter the details about your operation’s DIY truck washing into this easy-to-use calculator, there’s a good chance you’ll discover that you’re spending too much. Scotts eliminates many of the overhead costs associated with in-house fleet washing. Scotts’ fleet washing specialists clean up to eight semi-trucks in an hour, minimizing the downtime your drivers experience. Try the calculator for yourself to discover the savings you could enjoy.
- Save on maintenance and repairs: Pressure washing removes a vehicle’s grime and corrosion-causing contaminants. It also makes minor issues more visible during routine inspections. In the end, you’ll experience reduced maintenance and repair costs, as well as fewer vehicle replacements.
- Improved fuel efficiency: Dirt causes a lot of drag on a vehicle. Incidentally, clean trucks are up to 4.8 kilometers per gallon more efficient than dirty ones, resulting in significant fuel savings.
- their pick of the company they want to work for, they’ll choose the one that offers the greatest benefits. One of the most popular perks that drivers seek is outsourced fleet washing and mobile fleet washing services. Not only do pressure washing specialists do a better job at cleaning, they’re faster and have better equipment. Scotts’ specialists also brave the elements all year round, which keep drivers more comfortable, efficient and productive.
- Improve visibility: A clean truck is easier for others to see on the open road. Similarly, it improves driver visibility. Increased safety reduces the risk of collisions, which will help keep insurance premiums lower.
- Fewer inspections: Truck inspections can take several hours. When a truck looks great, officials are less likely to inspect it. Fleet washing is a great way to prevent costly delays.
- Simplify environmental compliance: Municipalities throughout Canada have strict laws regarding the handling of wastewater. If your drivers allow wastewater to enter storm drains, your company could face hefty environmental fines. Save on water reclamation costs and make it simple to comply with environmental laws with Scotts. Our specialists use eco-friendly cleaning chemicals along with wastewater collecting equipment that keep your vehicles and the environment clean.
Image is everything. Make sure your fleet sends the right message about your company to the thousands who see with great-looking vehicles. Scotts has a proven reputation backed by more than 50 years of serving the needs of transportation industry. As you consider creative ways to manage your operation’s budget, get in touch with Scotts to learn how affordable our tailored mobile fleet washing services are.